Writing a coherent self introduction is a lot harder than I thought! Instead, I have decided to make a list of 10 facts about myself in the order of whatever that came to mind [after all, librarians love making lists ;)]:
1. Getting involved in HKLC has been a very exciting step for me in my relatively short professional journey. It's a great feeling to be involved in starting something new and fresh.
2. I have been working in Hong Kong for a little over 3 years as an academic librarian. I feel very fortunate to be working in a great team of talented and dedicated people.
3. My favourite things in Hong Kong are: mini buses (a thrilling experience to be on one!) and Cha Chaan Teng (the menu options are just limitless!).
4. I have developed this habit of at least visiting a library or two whenever I go travel. The big advantage is that usually there would be no lineup, unlike other popular tourist spots! I hope to share some of these amazing libraries that I have visited on the HKLC blog =)
5. Like many of my fellow librarians, I get very frustrated about explaining exactly what I do as a librarian, but now, I see it as a chance to advocate about my profession whenever the opportunity comes!
6. I use way too many exclamation marks whenever I write. I already tried to tone it down a bit in this self introduction.
7. I love being a librarian, but I also think it's very important to strike a balance between work and life. In order to work hard and play hard, I think the key is to have kick-ass time management skill.
8. I am a very curious individual. I love learning and trying new things. I think this curiosity serves me well as someone working in the fast-changing information field.
9. My professional interests include: emerging technology, library marketing, information literacy, and digital humanities.
10. Coffee or Tea? It's a tough choice but I'd say I am a little more on the tea side. My current favourite drink is chamomile tea with honey!